Words without Borders; The Home of International Literature

Words without Borders; The Home of International Literature
Check out an interview with Rwandan Writer Scholastique Mukasonga

Friday, February 10, 2012

...Because You Tread on My Dreams- Rethinking Education


Photo-Fountainhead by George Krause
I have been working with some amazing little people the last few weeks. I am always looking for ways to excite my students’ sense of learning and looking for ways to create a learning environment where discovery is the core. I am driven by ideas and purpose and self-reflection and thinkers-luminaries-like Ken Robinson help me to better serve my students and keep the passion in my teaching. Have a listen:


He Wishes For The Cloths Of Heaven by William Butler Yeats
Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment