Words without Borders; The Home of International Literature

Words without Borders; The Home of International Literature
Check out an interview with Rwandan Writer Scholastique Mukasonga

Wednesday, September 9, 2015

10 Must-Watch Films About Identity & Survival


                                       by Sojourner Ahebee

"A film, in its most simple form, is a story. And stories are not only a powerful mode of witness, but most importantly they are a means of showing viewers everywhere that they are not alone. Some of our most intimate and personal self-discoveries are lying in the depths of a film. As a young person who is attempting to navigate this world, themes of identity are constantly taking up space in my own life. Who am I? Who am I becoming? What is in my way and how am I to respond to these obstacles?Identity is almost becoming synonymous with survival. How are we to fight for our sense of self each day? The 10 films I have listed below respond to various intersections of identity and survival. Through watching these pieces, I hope we can all look into our own lives as a means of self-reflection… I hope we can look into our own worlds and love each other a little more. "
Read on .... 

http://theodysseyonline.com/stanford/10-films-about-identity-survival/159454


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this list. I have only seen 5 of these. I'm most excited to hear about
    "Strolling" (English Title). Where have I been to miss this series? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete