Words without Borders; The Home of International Literature

Words without Borders; The Home of International Literature
Check out an interview with Rwandan Writer Scholastique Mukasonga

Thursday, May 3, 2012

An Economy of Grace; Kehinde Wiley Paints African-American Women

Kehinde Wiley, Dacia Carter, 2012
Photo: Courtesy of Sean Kelly Gallery, New York

You all know I am a wild fan of the work of Kehinde Wiley, who until now had pretty much exclusively painted these larger-than-life portraits of Black men from around the world.  Now he is painting African-American women and doing so from his studio in Beijing. My brother is so worldly!  Here’s a link to learn more about this project and where you can see these amazing paintings.
http://www.vogue.com/vogue-daily/article/the-art-of-fashion-kehinde-wiley-joins-forces-with-riccardo-tisci-for-his-latest-exhibit/

1 comment:

  1. OMG AMAZING! I go to LaGuardia High School and my end of the year project will be on him! I decided to go more in depth and present his amazing artwork to my class. I'm so excited!
    - Chelsea Cook

    ReplyDelete